AT NOVOTEL, WE GROW FASTER
Feel fully responsible, be autonomous, adaptable, professional, have a love of adventure and a desire to stretch your limits: that’s the Novotel spirit.
An international brand with a network of 400 hotels in 60 countries, Novotel’s success is due to the professionalism and enthusiasm of its 30 000 employees who have been embodying the brand’s ideals for over 40 years.
DNA of the brand, innovation is at the heart of the promise made to employees: "At Novotel, we grow faster". To transform this promise into reality, Novotel has implemented a unique human resources policy declined around five main professional career paths. Novotel accompanies each employee throughout their career. Integration, geographic mobility, bridging provision, skills development… everyone is given the opportunity to progress quickly and go further. Impossible is not Novotel.
The Job Overview
As a CHEF DE PARTIE (ASIAN CUISINE) you are responsible for the following key task:
- Supervises, coordinates, trains and participating in seasoning, marinating, cooking, braising, roasting, grilling, blocking pan frying all of meats, poultry, sea food for main courses , appetizer and also preparation of soups, vegetables rice dishes and garnishes.
- Checks daily menu and function orders to determine kind and quality of food items to prepare: initiates requisition based on menus function orders and forecasts.
- Observes and tests food being cooked: sample all food prepared.
- Supervises and participates in the preparation of short orders : obtain food orders from Sous chef and prepares dishes accordingly.
- Sees to it that all food items are prepared in an attractive and appetizing manner.
- Supervises and participates in buffet set up and decoration.
- Occasionally stand by buffet table during service time, attending food refills and guests inquiries.
- Receives captain orders from waiter / waitress which table food will go to.
- Trains and evaluates performance of his personnel
- Prepares time schedules of his section for approval to Executive Chef.
To be successful to apply for this position, you must have the following requirements:
- Level of Education: Others
- Areas of study: Tourism
- Professional experiences: 1 to 2 years
- Languages essential: Bahasa Indonesia (Primary tongue)
- Optional languages: English (Working level)
Jalan Gunung Sahari Raya No. 1
Jakarta 14420, Indonesia
Opera PMS, Other PMS, Microsoft Words, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint